Friday, September 18, 2009

Karaoke

So last night was the first of what is sure to be many trips to the local karaoke box. It started off as a bit of a logistical nightmare, but after everyone got to the place the good times flowed like booze. We basically did a nomihoudai which means "all you can drink". And drink all we could. There are usually different kinds of nomihoudai menus. Ones with beer. Ones with soft drinks. Ones with mixed drinks. And ones with everything. We did the mixed drink one. So every few minutes I'd get up and shuffle to the bar and grab another drink. I discovered anzu sake. Not quite sure want anzu is, but it was tasty.

I belted out some Blue Hearts and some old Japanese songs. And then I did my rendition of the Sex Pistols' Anarchy in the UK, complete with Johnny Rotten style voice. A friend did Blitzkrieg Bop and someone else did Don't Stop Believin'. It was overall a great night.

I'm off to Kyoto today. Going to attempt to do the low budget travel thing since my funds have been brutalized by the horrible exchange rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment