Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The end of one chapter and the beginning of another

So this is my new blog. In it I hope to relate my journeys and adventures while an exchange student in Japan.

I would now like to provide you, my readers, with a bit of my background. I am soon to be 28 and have been out of college for over four years now. I previously studied in Japan back in 2004 and subsequently lived there as a teacher for almost three years from 2005 until 2008. I decided to return to academia to pursue an education in history, more specifically in Japanese history. So far everything has worked out. I have completed one more year of undergraduate work (which will lead to two more degrees) and will soon head to Japan again to further sharpen my Japanese in the hopes of entering graduate school next Fall. I intend to do my best while in Japan and to study hard and get the most out of my remaining time as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment