Sunday, September 13, 2009

Arrival

So I arrived on Friday night tired, sweaty and really thirsty. My fellow Memphians and I got some ramen and I of course got a beer. After waiting at the airport for about 2 hours or so we finally went to the school. After a brief meeting with current students I went to sleep.

Sleep was something that would not come easily. I was fully awake at 0530. Not wanting to wake my room mate, I went for a walk. I explored a lot of the surrounding area of the school and eventually found my way to the ward office and Atsuta shrine. I bought a map book and I found my way back to school.

Tired as I was I went shopping with the rest of the exchange students...In the pouring rain. After a 30 minute trek and being thoroughly drenched we made it to the store and proceeded to shop. I picked up most of the necessities: soap, shampoo, beer, etc.

After shopping I cleaned up and went to meet my old friends Yutaka and Miki. We met up and went to a little yakitori place. We ate and drank and chatted most of the night. We ended up at two different yakitori places. It was a great time.

Sunday was much more sedate and I only went to okonomiyaki and then the Setomono matsuri. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment