Monday, July 2, 2012

Great Trip to the West Day 5: Cirque du Soleil

This day began much more leisurely than the previous days of our trip.  We were able to sleep in past 5am and go about our morning routine at a much slower pace.

We breakfasted at the Mirage's buffet.  It was pretty great with just about any breakfast item you wanted.  I stuffed myself in anticipation of our day ahead.

After lunch, we again wandered up and back down the strip.  We returned to our rooms to prepare for the main event:  Cirque du Soleil "O".

I was pretty excited about O as I had never seen a show like that.  I knew that Cirque could be a bit avant garde, but it was amazing.  The skill of the performers and the way they performed throughout the show was astounding.  The way they moved and maintained control over their bodies was something that I can never hope to be able to do.  These people are dedicated professionals.  I would definitely like to see the show again.

Another reason I liked O was that it's based around water and I love the water.  Always have.  The actors were frequently in the water or doing something with water.  The acrobatics was amazing as well.  I could not imagine doing some of the stunts they did, others I would have loved to try.  All of the stunts revolved around the vague plot of a crazy European circus.  The entire show was shrouded in mystery and wonder.  There were many tricks and surprises to be had and the dancing and tricks were not too over the top like I feared, but was useful to the action and story.  Overall it was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment