Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Univeristy of the Philippines

Yesterday I had the unique experience of going to the University of the Philippines as a guest I attended two classes with my friend and I also hung out with some students and ate lunch there.

The university itself is rather large. It looks like an American university, maybe somewhere down in Florida. Most of the common, socializing areas are outside. The classes are a bit small, but they are air conditioned. I really couldn't tell much difference between here and the States. I guess the biggest thing is that the classes are conducted in both English and Tagalog. Other than that I could have been sitting in a classroom back home.

The food was pretty good too. They have a BBQ pit where they cook up fresh skewers of meat. It was pretty awesome. They have a canteen too that had several very tasty looking options. Something that I really liked was the fresh fruit shake. I had an avocado one. Yeah it sounds weird, but it was good. I'm glad I had it.

So far this trip has totally destroyed my deformed image of the Philippines. I am very glad to have come here. It's been a very great experience and I have grown and learned a lot because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment