Saturday, September 22, 2012

Great Trip to the West: San Francisco

Soothing 76 degree days in summer.  Awesome public transportation.  Great restaurants.  Fun loving residents.  These are just some of the ways I can describe San Francisco.  I had come once before and loved it.  This time I experienced more of this great city.

Our first day in the city I participated in Critical Mass, a huge bicycle rally that takes over the streets of San Francisco ever last Friday of the month.  (I'm going to make an entire post dedicated to this later)

We got to see some of the famous fog that plagues the city from time to time.  It almost ruined my wife's view of the Golden Gate though (my cousin took her back later when it was clearer).  We also got to see some of the old World's Fair buildings in their full glory.  They were being renovated the last time.

We bummed around Japantown and became nostalgic.  I had only been here for a little bit on my previous journey to SF.  This time, however, I got to explore and wander about.  I found a rad little toyshop that had some Voltron stuff.  Talk about a time warp!  I also had to summon all my will power to keep from buying a ton of books at the Kinokuniya book shop.  We even had lunch at a nice little teishoku place.  All in all a great time.  Made the wife and I really miss Japan though.

We ate great food at a number of great little restaurants.  None of which I remember the names of.

San Fran is a great city and it deserves more than this paltry blog entry.  Unfortunately I waited too long and most of what I wanted to write has been forgotten.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment