Friday, March 18, 2011

Washington DC: Day 1

So Monday started off as any other day. I had breakfast with my mom and grandmother. But after a little while I was off to the airport.

I was a bit shocked at that Delta now makes you pay $25 to check a bag in. I think that's complete bullshit. I almost never fly within the US, so I never knew about this fee. The airlines need to cool it on the nickel and diming crap. I feel that they are shooting themselves in the foot and just screwing travelers over.

So I flew from Nashville to Cincinnati and on to Baltimore. Delta in its infinite wisdom decided to give me 0 minutes to get from plane A to plane B. Fortunately Delta is also extremely punctual so I was able to make it no problem.

Baltimore airport (BWI) is a nice airport and the support staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I asked the information desk worker for directions and not only did he respond quickly, he was nice about it. It was a great introduction to this area.

To get from BWI to DC you need to take the B17 bus from exit 17 to the Greenbelt station. From Greenbelt you can easily get into the city. The overall trip was about an hour or so.

I met up with my friend Andrew at L'Enfant Plaza. We headed over to Good Stuff, a local burger restaurant. This place is awesome! The food although expensive is freaking great! I paid about $18 for a bacon burger, fries and a beer. Expensive, but you get what you paid for. Everything is fresh there. The french fries were probably the best thing. Basil and a couple other spices were sprinkled on the fries giving them a unique flavor.

Good Stuff is located on Pennsylvania Avenue SE. It is on the opposite end from the White House (behind Capitol Hill). If you're in DC, you should definitely check this place out.

No comments:

Post a Comment