Friday, October 22, 2010

The wandering bug has bitten again.

It's only been about 2 weeks since I went to Montreal and already I've been hit with the wanderlust. I've been finding myself fantasizing about my next trip and I've been scouring travel sites and airline sites looking for a cheap outlet for my traveling bug.

I'm bound to go to Ohio during the Christmas time, so I won't be able to go anywhere new during that time. However, I may try to shoot over to Pennsylvania for a day or so to check out Primanti Brothers' sandwiches. What I really want is a week or two hiking trip. I'm really wanting to go check out some of the Rocky Mountain states such as Wyoming or Colorado. I haven't been hiking in a few months so I'm aching to get on some trails. Unfortunately there aren't many good hikes in this part of the country. You can do some mild trails over in Shiloh, but really it's nothing but wandering through fields. I want to go up and down hills and to see some fantastic sights.

I'm seriously toying with the idea of going to California next summer and do some hiking in the Yosemite/King's Canyon area. It will be particularly nice since my uncle will be living in that area at that time. Also, I can hit up one of my favorite cities: San Francisco.

San Francisco is a great city. I truly believe it to be one of America's greatest. There is abundant culture and history, great food and just an overall atmosphere which promotes relaxing and calmness. I really enjoy the international feeling I get when I'm in SF. There's a little bit for everyone there.

Till next time, keep trekking on!

No comments:

Post a Comment